On Wednesday 8th November, our Non-Executive Director, Richard Gerver was one of the Key Note Speakers at our exclusive Levy Club Conference, offering his thoughts on ‘The Learning and Development Journey’.
Richard is a best-selling author, speaker, broadcaster and advisor. As a former TED speaker, he has previously shared the stage with some of the world’s most influential people, including the Dalai Lama.
• Skills Outlook Report – Richard spoke about the Skills Outlook Report which was introduced in 2013 and discussed the links between education, employment and skills. Within this he commented that the Levy, despite not being perfect, has created a closer link between work and education. The four main points that Richard focused on, which were relevant to the Levy are as follows:
- Over reliance on formal qualifications rather than actual skills.
- Importance of interpersonal skills over routine cognitive behaviours.
- Vital that people can learn adapt and change.
- Closer links between world of work and education.
• Large organisations have seen a seismic change from previously recruiting graduates and now seeing the need for Apprentices who benefit from work based learning, allowing them to be moulded to suit the exact needs of the organisation.
• It is vital that the skills gap is plugged relevantly to suit the needs of each organisation.
Watch Richard’s ‘The Learning & Development Journey’ talk now:
To find out more information about the Apprenticeship Levy and how 3aaa Apprenticeships can support your business, contact the team on 0330 124 3224 or e-mail email@example.com
You can also visit our website: www.apprenticeshipslevy.com.